Sunday, April 29, 2012

Painting the Town Purple

Today was MeeMaw's birthday.  Every time someone new came into the bakery, she would announce that it was her birthday, and every time she would be a different age. At one point she decided she was turning 21, and asked to come with Courtney and I to New Orleans tomorrow to party. Obviously, it would be just about the greatest thing in the world to watch MeeMaw do her runway walk down Bourbon Street, and we begged her to come with us, but in the end she revealed, with great fanfare and gusto, that she was not, in fact, turning 21.


The illusion has been shattered.


"Aww MeeMaw, you OLD!"  I'm pretty sure if anyone but Beyonce had said this, the back of their head would have had a nice little meeting with the wooden spoon MeeMaw was brandishing. 


"Yeahhhh but woooo-ee! When I was a chil, boyyyy I cou cut a rug! I can't cut no rugs no mo. LAWD, I can't even get in da caw!"


Soooo I'm guessing that means she won't be driving the two hours to meet us in New Orleans...


We were still trying adamantly to get MeeMaw to come to New Orleans, but she refused. She did demand of us, however, to make sure we told everyone we met there that it was her birthday...


"Now don't you go paintin tha town red, ya hurrr? Pain' it purple. Much better'n red."


Yes, MeeMaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment